Visidon AppLock Android App brings latest Face Unlock feature to your Android smartphone that running on lower version of Android and interestingly Visidon AppLock actually seems to work. The app allows to protect any application (i.e. SMS, Gallery, E-Mail, Facebook, etc.) on your phone using face recognition technology. Thhis is a convenient and cool way to increase safety of your private apps and content.
Once you choose the apps to be protected, the phone require to verify your face to open them! Application uses the frontal camera of your mobile and verifies in real-time that the face matches the one allowed to access the private apps.
If you have problems with this version (layout initialization failure etc.), please wipe app data or do a clean install. If you want to get rid of ads and want more features then there is a paid Visidon AppLock Plus version! available for $2.62 at http://market.android.com/details?id=visidon.AppLockPlus.
PLEASE READ THESE NOTES AND TIPS BEFORE GIVING A REVIEW:
1. You must have a front facing camera in your device to use the face recognition feature. Otherwise it is disabled and you are only able to use password verification.
2. In addition to the applications you wish to protect, you should also add Visidon AppLock itself and any application that can be used to close or unistall applications or services (task manager, settings etc.) as well as any application that can be used to install new applications (market, myfiles etc.) to the protection list to get your mobile fully secured.
3. If the preview image is upside down or sideways, please try the “orientation displacement” -setting.
4. The default security level is medium. If it seems too low (i.e. other people can get in too easily), you can set it to maximum from the settings tab.
5. The most accurate recognition will be achieved when all the training images are taken directly from front (i.e. no profile images etc.). Also, you should take training images in different illuminations (in those environments where you usually use your mobile). Sufficient amount of images per person is about 5 to 10.
6. If you aren’t using official release of Android, we cannot guarantee compatibility!
7. If there is something wrong with the app, please consider sending us email and explaining the situation, so we have a chance to correct it.
8. This application requires Android v2.3 at minimum, because frontal cameras are not supported in previous versions.